Oadby Learning Partnership Teaching School Alliance is registered as an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
The appropriate body, along with the head teacher or principal is jointly responsible for the monitoring, support and assessment of the NQT during induction and has the main quality assurance role.
As part of our service we offer:
- Registration and monitoring the progress of NQTs and reporting to the Teaching Regulation Agency
- High quality training sessions for Induction Tutors and mentors of NQTs that are new to the role or require a refresher training
- Providing NQT Induction tutors with advice and guidance
- Quality assurance visits to monitor that appropriate monitoring and support is in place in line with statutory requirements
- Providing phone/email support for Head teachers/Principals and NQT Induction Tutors
- Giving advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advise on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teachers' Standards
Once we have received the completed registration forms for your NQTs, we will forward you all the relevant paperwork and guidance.
Appropriate Body Coordinator: Samantha Maher
Phone: 0116 2712261
Address: Launde Primary School, New Street, Oadby, Leicestershire, LE2 4LJ
OLP also offers an NQT Programme for Primary NQTs.